- One whole Beacon Kampong Seaweed Chicken (Remove skin and cut into pieces)
- 500g of old ginger (400g to pound, 100g to blend to juice with 200ml water)*
- 1 tsp salt (marinate the chicken)
- 150ml sesame oil
- 350ml yellow wine*
- 500ml water*
- 3 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp chicken powder (optional)
*If you don’t prefer strong ginger wine flavour, can cut down the amount of ginger and wine used or add in more water
- Prepare one whole Beacon Kampong Seaweed Chicken, remove the skin and cut into pieces.
- Marinate the chicken with 1 tsp of salt for 30 minutes.
- Beat 400g of old ginger flat. Use another 100g of old ginger and 200 ml of water to blend together to make ginger juice.
- Heat 150ml of sesame oil in a pot.
- Add in the flatten gingers, stir-fry for about 1 minutes until fragrant.
- Add in the blended ginger paste, stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add in the chicken and stir-fry for about 5 minutes until the gravy is nearly absorbed.
- Add in 120ml of yellow wine and 500ml of water, then cover the lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in 3 tsp of sugar, ½ tsp of salt and 100ml of yellow wine, then cover the lid and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Pour in ginger juice, 1 tsp of chicken powder and 100ml of yellow wine bring it to a boil.