Quick Oats (500g)
- Regular price
- RM 10.50
- Sale price
- RM 10.50
- Regular price
Australian grown organic oats are well known for its premium quality, more than 8 benefits of taking organic oats regularly:
- Reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease
- Slows the rise in blood glucose levels
- Decreased Risk of Hormone-related Diseases
- Reduce hypertension and high blood pressure
- Keep regular bowel movement and relieving constipation
- Weight control
- Work performance
- Well being
- Oats for morning breakfast are best taken without cooking so as not to destroy the fibre and nutrients. Just pour hot water or beverage on the bowl of oats, cover and leave for 5 minutes. Ready to be served with your favorite toppings.
- Also use as an ingredient for biscuits, pancakes or breakfast porridge
Is Radiant Oats Gluten-Free?
Gluten-Free means the food must NOT contain detectable gluten. Radiant Oats are low in gluten, the food contains not more than 20mg of gluten per 100g of the food.
Radiant oats are less than 5ppm of gluten (possible detectable limits). It is low in gluten.
It is generally tolerable by most people who are gluten intolerant (coeliac).
- Cholesterol and Heart A soluble fibre found in oats called beta-glucans, helps to lower blood cholesterol. It removes cholesterol from the digestive system that would otherwise end up in the bloodstream. Oats and antioxidants which together with tocopherols form vitamin E. Antioxidant compounds unique to oats, called avenanthramides, help prevent free radicals from damaging LDL cholesterol, thus reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Blood Sugars Eating oats can spread the rise in blood sugars over a longer time period. Oat beta-glucan slows the rise in blood glucose levels . As the beta-glucan in the soluble fiber of oats is digested, it forms a gel, which causes the viscosity of the contents of the stomach and small intestine to be increased. This in turn slows down digestion and prolongs the absorption of carbohydrates into the bloodstream. Type 2 diabetes patients given foods high in this type of oat fiber or oat bran rich foods experienced much lower rises in blood sugar compared to those who were given white rice or bread.
- Decreased Risk of Hormone-related Diseases Oats, like other grains and vegetables, contain hundreds of phytochemicals (plant chemicals). Many phytochemicals are thought to reduce a person's risk of getting cancer. Phytoestrogen compounds, called lignans, in oats have been linked to decreased risk of hormone-related diseases such as breast cancer.
- Blood Pressure A daily serving of whole oats rich in soluble fibre can reduce hypertension, or high blood pressure.
- Bowel Function Oats are high in both soluble and insoluble fiber. Fiber is necessary in keeping bowel movements regular. Insoluble fiber does not dissolve in water. It is spongy and absorbs many times its own weight of liquid. It makes stools heavier and speeds their passage through the gut, relieving constipation
- Weight Control As the soluble fiber of oats is digested, it forms a gel, which causes the viscosity of the contents of the stomach and small intestine to be increased. The gel delays stomach emptying making you feel full longer which helps with weight loss.
- Work Performance Oats a source of carbohydrates which provide calories for energy needs. Oats have been shown in scientific studies to favorably alter metabolism and enhance performance when ingested 45 minutes to 1 hour before exercise of moderate intensity.
- Well Being Oats contain phytochemicals (plant chemicals),essential fatty acids, amino acids which helps to promote optimum health. Oats are a good source of essential vitamins such as thiamin, folic acid, biotin, pantothenic acid and vitamin E. They also contain zinc, selenium, copper, iron, manganese and magnesium. Oat beta glucan also appears to help speed up response to infection, which may result in faster healing.
Store in a cool dry place. Keep refrigerated once opened
Serving size per 100g
Country of Origin:
Product of Australia